16th Annual Marx Toy & Train Collectors National Convention
Friday ,June 2o & Saturday, June 21, 2104 | Register Today!
Thursday, June 19, 2014
- 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM: During regular museum hours, those of you arriving to town early can stop at the museum, pick up your registration packets, and tour or browse the museum. If you’ve found yourself too busy with your tables during the show, HERE’S another chance to see the museum!
- 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM: For early arriving table holders, the trading halls will open for an hour on Thursday evening for you to place your boxes on your tables ONLY. This is NOT a trading time, just a setup time for our dealers’ convenience.
Friday, June 20, 2014
- 9:00 AM: Registration Desk Opens / Table holders may unload and setup.
- 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM: Convention attendees only swap meet.
- 12:00 Noon: Group Photo!! Don’t miss out on being a part of the group. The picture will be taken in front of the museum with the entire gang. (photos will be available for purchase shortly after.)
- 3:00 PM: Workshop TBA
- 6:00 PM: We’re holding an evening “get together”! Not an organized “banquet” mind you, so each will be responsible for their own food/beverage costs. But a great chance to kick back and have an evening of fun with fellow Marx collectors! More details to come.
Saturday, June 21, 2014
- 8:00 AM to 9 AM: table holders can load and unpack.
- 9:00 AM to 3 PM: All Marx Swap Meet, museum building (this session will also be open to all museum visitors).
- 11:00 AM: Workshop – Unusual or rare Marx display and discussion – bring along your favorite Marx toy or train to show off to fellow collectors! Some rather interesting items have been showing up at these sessions!
- 1:00 PM: Workshop: Bill Felege. A former Girard Marx plant employee who worked in the R&D Room as an artist/ toy designer from 1968-1972.
- 2:30 PM: Workshop: TBA
- 3:00 to 5:00 PM: Pack up of tables, final tours of museum.
Tours of the Kruger Street Toy Museum will be taking place from 9 AM to 5 PM on Thursday, June 20th, Friday, June 21st, and Saturday, June 22nd. Your convention name badge will serve as your pass to tour the museum. You are also free to return to visit any of the displays during the course of the convention.
The Marx Toy & Train Collectors National Convention was started in 1998 by the Miller Family, owners of the Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum. These conventions were meant as a way to preserve the rich history of the Ohio Valley’s own Louis Marx & Company, and the many area men and women who made those wonderful toys that were loved by generations!
Held in June each year, the Marx Conventions have grown with each passing year. From a few dozen attendees in 1998, the events have blossomed into “must do” destinations for hundreds of Marx enthusiasts from around the country!
If you’ve attended any of the past conventions, then you know what they are like! If not, why not check out the registration materials for the next convention. Make an effort to attend, and we are sure that you won’t regret it!
- 12th Annual Convention (2010)
- 11th Annual Convention (2009)
- 10 Years and Counting (2008)
- 9th Annual Convention (2007)
- 8th Annual Convention (2006)
- 7th Annual Convention (2005)
- 6th Annual Convention (2004)
- 5th Annual Convention (2003)
- 4th Annual Convention (2002)
- 3rd Annual Convention (2001)
- 2nd Annual Convention (2000)
- 1st Annual Convention (1999)