Student Programs at the Toy Museum
You will definitely want to bring your students to the Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum in Wheeling, West Virginia this school year! The Toy Museum has put together an exciting and educational slate of Student Programs, all geared towards helping you to accomplish goals already in your curriculum! We have correlated our exciting programs to social studies instructional goals and objectives for both Ohio and West Virginia!
Each of the programs is a half-day learning session for your students! NO quickie half hour “experiences” here, but a full morning or afternoon of activities and fun! They will see, do, interact, create, and have a great time, all while learning valuable lessons and concepts that are already an integral part of your social studies curriculum!
While we have targeted our programs to specific grade levels, the nature of the social studies instructional goals is such that they can be adapted to a range of grade levels, to make your students’ experience both enjoyable for them and relevant to their class work. Students from other states would also gain from the experience, and have a great time to boot!
The cost for these half day programs is only $5.00 per student. (tour only cost is $4.00 per student) There is a $60 minimum fee for all programs. Rates do not include applicable sales tax; tax-exempt organizations and schools must provide us with a copy of your West Virginia Tax Exempt Certificate.
You also receive one complimentary teacher or chaperone admission for each 15 students that participate! Additional adults are more than welcome to join us, at a cost of $6 per person. Advance booking is necessary for all of these programs, and space is limited, so schedule your unique Toy Museum visit today!
Below is a listing of the student programs we are currently offering. Just click on the name of the program you are interested in, and you will be taken to a page on that program, with a description and the target grade levels and instructional objectives addressed by that program! We have listed the objectives from BOTH the West Virginia AND Ohio state social studies curricula!
- The Boxcar Children (Recommended Grades K to 2)
- Proud to be an American (Recommended Grades K and 1)
- Hometown Heroes / Wheeling Then and Now (Recommended Grades K to 2)
- Playing Around at Work (Recommended Grades K to 2)
- Toyvolution (Recommended Grades 1 to 3)
- Time Detectives (Recommended Grades 3 to 5)
- The Mountains Made Me Do It (Recommended Grades 3 to 5)
- Toymaker Economics (Recommended Grades 3 to 5)
- Moving Through the Valley (Recommended Grades 5 to 8)
- Time Passages (Recommended Grades 6 to 8)
- Tour de Force (Recommended Grades 8 to 12)
- Travel West Virginia (Recommended Grades 9 to 12)
Working with you, we can also customize your visit to achieve YOUR educational goals for your class! Call us TODAY to set up a tour and get the ball rolling! (304) 242-8133 or toll free at 1-877-242-8133 or Email the museum: email@example.com